Executive Function Workshop for Middle Schoolers
Prepare your child for Middle School with our Executive Function Workshop
Is your child prepared to succeed in middle school? Do you ever worry that your child’s inattention, poor organizational, planning, time management, and study skills will hinder their success? This hands-on workshop will help your child become more self-sufficient and develop the skills necessary to manage multiple classes, assignments, and materials in middle school.
The Skills 4 Life therapists specialize in executive function coaching and will teach your child practical and effective strategies, providing a strong foundation for success in middle school and beyond.
Students that would benefit from this class:
- May struggle getting through morning routines and out the door on time
- Have difficulty paying attention
- Do not know what their homework assignments are
- Forget to bring home the necessary materials to complete homework
- Procrastinate doing homework leading to stress, conflicts, and excuses
- Spend hours doing homework that should only take a fraction of that time OR rush through homework at the last minute without checking for mistake
- Do their homework, but then forget to turn it in or lose the completed work
- Do not break down long-term assignments
- Lack awareness of time or have poor time management skills
- Either do not study for tests OR spend hours “studying” but still do not learn the material
- Have messy desks, notebooks, backpacks, lockers, etc.
- Frequently lose or misplace things
- Struggle to balance all of their commitments
- Have a hard time transitioning from one task to the next
New Two-By-Two Executive Function Workshops
Two students will be scheduled for two semi-private workshops with one therapist over two days. Each session will be 75 minutes.
Call for scheduling options.
Students will be seated six feet apart at our South Boulder office.
Individual sessions are available all year
“I feel like the things I learned in this workshop will help me during my time at middle school. The organization and planning parts will help me be a more effective planner.”
Students will learn how to develop:
- An internal sense of the sweep of time
- Time and self-management skill
- Planning and prioritization strategies
- Project management techniques to reduce procrastination
- Techniques for completing homework and turning it in on time
- Self-monitoring and metacognitive skills
- Organizational systems to manage materials and paper flow
- Successful study strategies
- Strategies to move from intention to action
“This workshop covered every school problem and how to fix it, in a suitable amount of time. The method of how to estimate how long projects and homework take will help me finish school projects accurately and in time.”