Online Executive Function Coaching & Handwriting Sessions
Skills 4 Life Now Offers Online Services for Families in Colorado
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, life as we know it has radically changed. As parents, many of you are suddenly besieged by the task of not only homeschooling your children for the first time but also attempting to work from home while juggling multiple other daily activities. Our team has been working hard to adapt our services to an online platform so we can continue to serve you and your children during this challenging time.
Online Executive Function Coaching
The occupational therapists at Skills 4 Life specialize in executive function coaching.
Our online executive coaching will help your student create goals, develop new habits, and establish routines for successful learning, whether it be online or in the classroom. All coaching is individually tailored based on your student’s needs and goals.
During our coaching sessions, we will help your student to:
- Plan and prioritize their daily and weekly goals, so they know what to work on when
- Be accountable to someone other than you by providing check-ins throughout the week (additional fees apply based on number of check-ins per week)
- Explore how they learn best and teach them how to incorporate this knowledge into their study skills for optimum learning, so they work smarter, not harder
- Learn effective note-taking strategies for optimal retention of information
- Develop reliable organizational systems so not only does homework get done but it also gets turned in
- Create structure in their days and manage their time more efficiently
- Learn self-advocacy skills for effective student/teacher communication
Please give us a call to discuss how we can support your child with their online learning. We look forward to being of service!
Our therapists love teaching elementary school students practical and effective strategies to develop and improve their executive function skills! We realize that the needs of students in this age group are significantly different than their older counterparts, so our sessions are designed to help support families with their child’s self-regulation, attention, organization, and time management skills– especially around difficult morning and evening routines and homework struggles.
We will help your child establish a personal toolbox so they can:
- Build successful habits
- Improve self-regulation skills
- Develop better social-emotional skills
- Improve organizational skills
- Develop an internal sense of time
- Stay more focused and shift focus more easily
- Increase self-confidence and self-esteem
We’re available to discuss your child’s needs and how we can be of service.
“Even after school work and tutoring, my son always looks forward to his online OT sessions and never complains about spending the extra time on “educational” activities. It has made a huge difference for him, and I am so grateful.”
Online Handwriting Sessions
If your child is struggling with their handwriting, you’ve come to the right place! Our certified Handwriting Without Tears® specialists offer handwriting evaluations, instruction, and remediation for preschoolers through high schoolers. Individual Handwriting Sessions are tailored to your child’s needs.
Our cursive camps are designed to help children learn cursive and put their writing to use in fun-filled functional activities. We’ve been hearing from parents that their students haven’t been writing much with online learning. Let our Certified Handwriting Without Tears Specialists help fill the handwriting gap!
Did you know that writing in cursive activates a different part of the brain than when we write in print? Cursive forces a writer to think of words as wholes instead of parts. The motor movement of cursive is also shown to improve the retention of new information.
Our camps will:
- Teach your child the proper formation and connection of letters using the Handwriting Without Tears multi-sensory curriculum
- Help students develop the proper mechanics of writing- paper placement, grip, use of their “helper hand,” and sitting posture
- Use gross and fine motor activities to “wake-up” our bodies, improve fine motor skills, and get our minds ready to write
- Improve creativity and critical thinking skills through art and story writing
- Build automaticity through functional writing tasks like writing letters and addressing envelopes, writing phone messages, and taking notes
We offer both lower-case and upper-case cursive camps.
- Lower case camps focus on teaching the proper formation and connection of lower case letters and will focus on word writing.
- Upper case camps focus on teaching the proper formation of upper case letters and functional writing tasks and story writing to build fluidity and automaticity.
Contact our office for more details!
“Writing for our third grader was extremely difficult, to the point where he would cry in frustration. He wasn’t enjoying school or any assignment that would include any form of writing. Karina and Holly worked with him on the fundamentals by teaching him how to make his letters. Within two sessions his writing improved dramatically as well as his confidence. At school, his teachers have been impressed by his improved writing skills and he even received an award. His self-esteem and motivation have increased greatly. We are currently doing online sessions and he continues to improve and has progressed to cursive writing. We love working with Karina and Holly and are thankful for the improvements our son has made in such a short time frame.”
Private Online Tummy Time Classes
Skills 4 Life is also offering private online Tummy Time Classes in the comfort of your own home. Tummy time, the amount of time your baby spends on their belly while awake and supervised, is the foundation of sensory-motor skills development in infants. Learn creative ways to engage your baby in Tummy Time activities!
- Newborn environment assessment and recommendations
- Training in the Tummy Time Method
- Recommended Tummy Time Method toy list (birth-3)
- Class notes
“Tummy Time Class has been such a wonderful bonding experience for my 3-month-old daughter & me! The class provides an opportunity for me to learn how to purposefully engage with my little one through play. Yrma has a great ability to identify growth opportunities while celebrating strengths. Yrma has created a supportive & encouraging environment for all abilities! The class has given me countless tools & resources to aid in my daughter’s development….”
Need to Book Online Services for Your Child?
Call our offices at 303-351-1828 or email email@example.com to schedule online services.
Learn More About GoToMeeting
Skills 4 Life is using GoToMeeting to conduct online sessions.
For those unfamiliar with GoToMeeting, here’s a link to an instructional YouTube video about the platform: The video dedicates the first two minutes to new users.